{It looks like we wont be returning home to Melbourne any time soon and we all know it is hard to keep in contact with all of the people we love throughout life's changes so I hope you will have a chance to read my blog and revel in my experiences being married, a new mum and 21.}

Friday 24 June 2011

Milestones

Recently we celebrated another one of Holly's milestones. Holly's Half yr Birthday!

There are many milestones in life we choose to celebrate, birthdays, the new year, completing high school, some people believe the bigger milestones such as these are the only ones that need to be celebrated and consider other smaller milestones as silly, a waste of time and immature. As I was pondering over the pros and cons of celebrating lesser valued milestones I couldn't come up with any cons, what is wrong with sharing our happiness & excitement every now and then, or why not as often as possible? We all know that life is no walk in the park so I believe celebrating as many milestones we come across can only brighten up our lives & maybe even give us a laugh!

As I was pondering over the past 6 months of being a mum to a new baby girl here are some of the milestones we have shared together that have meant allot to our family.



All of these wonderful steps through Holly's life from 0-6months and beyond are the reasons why being a mum is so rewarding. There are tough days, tiring days, mundane days but as you see your child grow and accomplish a new thing your heart is filled with such great happiness and nothing could ever exceed it.



My conclusion is whatever a milestone is to you celebrate it! Whether it is making it to one week, one month, six months even a year with your first boyfriend, acing a text you thought you were destined to fail, going a whole week without forgetting to brush your teeth, your boy or girls first smile, laugh, tantrum, your baby crawling, walking, eating solids, not eating dirt from the garden today, who cares revel in the happiness you feel and celebrate the milestones of yourself and those around you. The pros are many and the cons don't matter.

So here's to sharing the fun! xx

3 comments:

  1. Kimby, that was wonderful, you are very good at expressing yourself, I agree with you. I think I will celebrate - saturday morning sleep in, an old movie, a lie in the bath and Stake Rel Soc Convention, how good is that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your style of celebrating! It's embarrassing to ask this but it would be great if people could put there names at the end of the post so I know who it is. Thanks =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kim,
    I really enjoyed reading all about your milestones. It really puts everything into perspective. I totally agree with you, we should enjoy everything life brings to us. Alex and I celebrated our 5 month wedding anneversary yesterday and I couldn't be happier.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Bec Menzie
    ox

    ReplyDelete