{It looks like we wont be returning home to Melbourne any time soon and we all know it is hard to keep in contact with all of the people we love throughout life's changes so I hope you will have a chance to read my blog and revel in my experiences being married, a new mum and 21.}

Wednesday 13 July 2011

The treasurable book.

BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS!


The love of books my daughter Holly has at 7 months amazes me. She is so drawn to the brightness of the illustrations that she attempts to eat books over her toys. Her recent adoration of books had me thinking about my own recent decline in the importance I allocate to reading books.


lately I have noticed many Angus & Robertson book stores closing, this is so sad. Have we forgotten what it was like as a child reading a book adorned with colorful pictures and intricate decorations. I still hold clear pictures in my mind of my favorite childhood books, I can see the fairies, bunny rabbits and magical creatures of the forest. Pictures or not the thing that fulfills my emotions most when I read a book is the ability to feel & smell the brand new or prehistoric pages, and during childhood it was too elaborate the enchanting pictures and to put my mind into the fairy tale. Can you  still remember your favorite childhood books?


So I was wondering why are book stores disappearing all over the country? The Internet? Ebooks? IPhones? Most of us use many of these devices and instead of picking up a book we are lead to our savvy Internet phones contrived with so many Apps we will never become bored. Personally Internet and video games often result in distractions for me and take away from the solitude of embracing only a book in my hand. So from now on I am going to take time out each day to unravel a thought provoking story and stimulate my senses.


So my thought for the day is to remember to fill your life with treasurable feelings that only come through a hand held book.

( Thank you Nana for the wonderful books that you give to baby Holly, it seams that she will have memories of these forever.)

No comments:

Post a Comment