{It looks like we wont be returning home to Melbourne any time soon and we all know it is hard to keep in contact with all of the people we love throughout life's changes so I hope you will have a chance to read my blog and revel in my experiences being married, a new mum and 21.}

Thursday 17 November 2011

22 Changes

Maybe I should have titled this post the life of a struggling pilot’s wife? Newlyweds in freezing tents, pregnant, baby and soaring temperatures in the outback. Our life so far has sure been an adventure.

Instead I think I will stick to 22 changes as I feel this is still very relevant. I could easily name 22 changes that have occurred in the past months, but here are just a few that caused blogging to drop down my priority list.

Unemployment, surprising pregnancy, sausage pasta & boring sandwiches, leaving our home in Mackay, North Queensland to embark on UN fun family travel to find new employment, celebrating my 22nd birthday in the Australian outback. The only good thing about the outback town of Hughenden is a Farmer Wants a Wife Farmer originated there, which lead me to think fortunately I have a husband. Included in my 22 changes I should add my non desire of living anywhere in the Australian outback. To what seaming felt like the longest journey yet we finally achieved a much brighter change, our happily ever after in Darwin, Northern Territory.

Focusing on the positive I may have to start from this week when hubby was finally awarded full time with AV8 aviation a big step of progression towards his career! (YAY well done hubby!) Anything before that may include things I remember as not so positive such as: No air conditioning (its list topper in the NT) rejection, vomit, lots of baby tears, cheap food, a day of fun at Litchfield NP but nowhere near enough to make up for the other days of extensive driving and heat exhaustion.

I guess from the past 22 changes I have experienced I have learnt, that trials are trials (difficult and not fun), they can be a reality check of what’s most important and give you a whole new appreciation for a comfortable & happy life that may be viewed by some as mundane and a bit boring. I feel blessed that we can go through trials and thank fully to our Heavenly Father come out on top. But the most important thing is you will come out of them and have your happily ever after and a few really good laughs, at least for a little while. I’m hoping that our family can at least remember that.


So welcome Darwin!! Here’s to a new journey with plenty more stories to come!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats, Kim, on Bub #2 and surviving all that upheaval in the past couple of months! That is a whole heap of stuff to deal with - well done ;) Kel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds familiar... Only we had AC and a job to go to. Actually lol we didn't have any problems traveling north or babies yet. Our drive was fairly cruisy and fun, stopped at Uluru for a couple of days. I guess I can relate to the outback drive and living in a community smack bang in the middle of the NT top end, we are getting ready to move back to NSW now. Good on you for going in faith and knowing Heavenly Father will bless you through your trials.
    Love, Sam, Amanda, Grace & new (unborn) baby boy.

    ReplyDelete